Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Beginnings

Chapter 1...so to speak.  *Testing, testing.  Is this thing on?*


I am new to this, minus a haphazardly designed classroom blog for my undergraduate education degree course in technology, so please attempt to hold back any chortling at my cheapened design.  I am doing this for free, non-profit, and for fun, so I'm not exactly destined to win any awards in graphic design.


With that disclaimer out of the way...Hi, hello.  Thanks for stumbling in.  I am a teacher/learner in her early years of educating (did I just use the 3rd person?...hoo boy) and am attempting to open up discussion around a variety of books that I am reading, want to read, and have read (and hopefully others out there are too).  I yearn for more in-depth thoughts on contemporary and classic lit that I haven't experienced since my English undergrad days.  I welcome your comments, your reading recommendations (had to spell-check that one...it always makes me second-guess myself...was wrong, BTW), and your insights!


I am downright gobsmacked at how many other book blogs are out there and the number of challenges at maintaining consistency in posting.  I'll give you an idea of what to expect from this blog:  I average about 2 books per month (of average novel length), maybe more in the summer (unless I give up on a novel...more on that later), but I'm online nearly every day, and am bursting with enthusiasm, as well as a nearly joined-at-the-hip connection with my laptop.  Hope that will suffice even the most delicious of readers.  Welcome & thanks for joining in!


P.S.  Despite being a voracious web surfer, I am not to be found on Facebook or Twitter--I'm not much for documenting my every move & whim :oD  I'd like to keep contact within blog comments, if you please.


Teacher/Learner

No comments:

Post a Comment