Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Blog Hop!

Happy Friday!


Book Blog Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books.  This week's question is from Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews:

When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book? 

I must wait until I've read the entire book before posting a review that ranks from A-C, but sometimes there are books I don't finish and will post a D rating with how far I got before giving up.  My reasons for this range, but I make it clear that I did not finish the book in the post.  I save on-the-go thoughts about books I'm reading for weekday memes, such as It's Monday, What Are You Reading?  Sometimes this does mean I can't review my latest reads for a while as I'm ploughing through them, but I make up for it with reviews of books previously read.

I also want to link to an article I read from the blog Literature & America called Why Adults Read Children's Literature.  It's an insightful piece for teachers and children's lit reader!

Have a great weekend :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment