Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Let's look at my current reading radar:

Total books read this week (finished):  0
Total books read this week (any/all):  2

And here's a status update:


I took a breather from My Life by Bill Clinton at the start of Chapter 20 (p. 224), which is about the average length of the novels I typically read, so it was time to switch gears for a while.  The memoir is terrific, and I will finish it, but it will take some time as it clocks in at nearly 1000 pages!



I am zipping through this one!  Love his humour and humility.  It's not a typical self-loving memoir but offers lots of funny, sweet, and even shocking anecdotes about his childhood, early stage acting, and film/TV debut.  I'm up to Act 3 (the book is divided into three acts like a movie or play) as M*A*S*H is just starting up.  I may just finish this in 1-2 sittings!



My pretty, pretty Pride & Prejudice :oD  I'm finding the short chapters a breeze & am up to Chapter 7 (not too impressive, since it starts on page 20!).  Liking it so far--light & fluffy, not at all serious, and even satirical!

Sorry this is up late in the day...I had loads (27 years' worth!) of pictures from my big family reunion to fix up, get saved & printed.  Still haven't printed them yet :oP

Have a great reading week!

No comments:

Post a Comment