Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading.

Instructions:
◦Grab your current read

◦Open to a random page
◦Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
◦BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
◦Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




I know this isn't random, but I need to share this:  I read the first 50 pages of Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda last night & the first line is really striking:

"My mother didn't try to stab my father until I was six, but she must have shown signs of oddness before that."

If that doesn't grab your attention, I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment