Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be ReadingAnyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Love the paperback cover!
Different from the hardcover version.
Better, I think.
Last night, I started Under the Dome by Stephen King and got up to page 44.  It's definitely hard to put down, but I was getting a headache and was forced to stop, otherwise I would've pulled an all-nighter!  I've heard all good things about this book and different amounts of time spent getting to the finish line--one blogger is on Week 20-something; a fellow book shopper yesterday told me she finished it in 5 days?!? 

"All behind him.  And ahead of him?  Why, the gates of America.  Goodbye smalltown Maine, hello Big Sky" (page 11).

7 comments:

  1. I must say, the cover intrigues me. I'll check this out.

    I guess it depends on how much free time you have, and how much of that free time you use to read :)

    Here's my teaser: The Red Tree by Caitlin R Kiernan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is definitely on my wish list - I've heard wonderful stuff about it! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another King book. I am collecting the titles for my oldest as he likes to be scared. Great teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-your-presence-is-requested-at-suvanto.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Escapist~ I agree, awesome cover. The pic above isn't in focus as much as the real thing but it's breathtaking.

    Joy~ Thanks! It was TBR for me but I couldn't wait to snatch up a copy :oD

    Jennifer~ I highly recommend the King books I've reviewed here, as well as some I will be soon: The Shining, Carrie, The Dead Zone, and The Green Mile. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was an okay book, but not my favorite by King. I think The Stand is the one I've read the most, and then The Talisman (which he wrote with Peter Straub).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the 20-weeker you are referring to is me! lol! I think that this is the longest I have ever taken to read a book! I think if I had the paperback handy or the Kindle version instead of the monstrous hardcover I would be a lot more apt to finish it. I do a lot of my reading while commuting, I take the train to the city, but lugging that 5-pounder is out of the question! I hope you are moving quicker on it than me. I'm anxious to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo~ Too soon to tell for me if it's my favourite of King's. Mine is The Green Mile and Different Seasons is a very close 2nd.

    Tara~ LOL :oD Sorry if I singled you out! I will likely take longer to finish this. I've got the paperback version & I'm also against lugging it to work. Likewise, I'd like to see your review, too :o)

    ReplyDelete