Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Friday, October 22, 2010

Book Blog Hop & Friday Fill-Ins

Happy Friday!

Two intriguing memes to participate in today!  I'm working this afternoon so I'll make a quick post & hop around later today.

A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books
This week's question is from Becky @ Becky's Barmy Book Blog.

Where is your favourite place to read?  Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden?

At night, it would definitely in bed with a pair of cozy PJs, a warm blanket, and propped up with a pillow and my burgundy stuffed "wedge" to keep my back supported.  During the day, I like the couch with the footrest up & the back reclined with my feet curled up & snuggled into the thick armrest.  Aaahhh....that's the stuff :oD



A weekly meme hosted by Janet @ Friday Fill-Ins.  My answers are underlined; the rest is given.

1. One of my strongest beliefs is in humanity.

2. My TBR list is huge!

3. The sky is cloudy with a threat of rain and wind and cold, so reading is on the agenda!

4. My family is comforting to me.

5. I always thought I'd be a teacher.

6. The room was suddenly bathed in white and then I went outside to look at the full moon.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a football game, tomorrow my plans include reading & hopefully finishing Pride & Prejudice and Sunday, I want to book more work for next week!


Have a great weekend :o)

12 comments:

  1. I love to read in bed too! Saturdays are football marathons for me this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm a new follower from the hop! I am getting ready to read Under the Dome by Stephen King so I was excited to read your review. Thanks for letting me know to keep reading through the slower part!

    http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you get round to Her Fearful Symmetry soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely blog. I look forward to reading your reviews. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to curl up and read almost anywhere, but here's what I wrote:

    Click on my name....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like 2 comfy and cozy spots that I would enjoy too!! Enjoy the football game.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Football and Austen for the weekend sounds like a great plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound so cozy when you read. Sounds perfect!

    I've got an award for you on my blog....

    http://sarahreadstoomuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by and for following. I just got home from school and I'm getting ready for an evening spent in Seattle. Happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds comfy :) I love to read on my couch!
    - Dee, on the Hop from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hoppin' by and following. I'm following you now too (Wonder Woman). ~Nice clean and pretty blog.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, thanks for visting my blog just returning the vist and yeah my purple background is new thanks for noticing.

    bookbee

    ReplyDelete