Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, February 28, 2011

February Wrap-Up & Year to Date

Boy, with just 28 days, February sure goes by fast!  I was a bit busier with work this month than last but for the shortest month of the year, it wasn't that bad.  Here are my book stats for the month & YTD:

Books Read This Month (4)--click titles for reviews:
Wonder Boys- Michael Chabon
Rabbit, Run- John Updike (for 1st in a Series challenge, 1/6)
The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini (for Back to the Classics challenge, 1/8)
A Twist of Lemmon- Chris Lemmon

Other Books Reviewed This Month (8 + 4 above= 12)
Retro reviews of:
The Stone Angel- Margaret Laurence
The Silence of the Lambs- Thomas Harris
Bridget Jones's Diary- Helen Fielding
I Am Charlotte Simmons- Tom Wolfe
Mystic River- Dennis Lehane
Where the Heart Is- Billie Letts
The Accidental Tourist- Anne Tyler
Deception Point- Dan Brown

Currently Reading (2)
Middlesex- Jeffrey Eugenides
My Life- Bill Clinton

Books Read So Far in 2011:  (11)
(DNFs don't count)

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    That's quite a list of books. I've read several of them. I loved The Kite Runner but didn't really care for Middlesex. Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-hound-of-baskervilles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You managed a lot in a short month, especially a lot of reviews!

    I've been wanting to get to Middlesex for a long time.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherrie & Sue :) Middlesex is certainly different & I could understand if it wasn't everywhere's cup of tea. I'm intrigued by it & it's getting more interesting by the page.

    ReplyDelete