Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Monthly Wrap-Up & Year-to-Date

Boy, that was a fast month!  Thanks to my week off for spring break, I got more reading done this month than last and only second to January (thanks to the Xmas break).  Here's the breakdown:

Books Read This Month (7)--click titles for reviews
Middlesex- Jeffrey Eugenides (A)
Oprah: A Biography- Kitty Kelley (B)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia series, #1) (A)
Fahrenheit 451- Ray Bradbury (A+)
A is For Alibi- Sue Grafton (Kinsey Millhone series, #1) (A)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, #1) (A+)
Misery- Stephen King (A)

Other Books Reviewed This Month (0)
*Retro reviews (for books I've read prior to starting my book blog) are all caught up.

Currently Reading (2)
The Cider House Rules- John Irving
My Life- Bill Clinton

Books Read So Far in 2011 (18)
*DNFs don't count

No comments:

Post a Comment