Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quarterly Challenges Update

Since it's the end of March and the year's challenges are a 1/4 of the way through for 2011, I thought I would do a check-in with you to let you know where I'm at and to see where "you at" :)

So...as you can see by my challenge progress bars at right, here's my progress from January 1st-March 31st on my measly 5 challenges...not to say the challenges themselves are measly (far from it) but to self-mock my wimpiness when it comes to first-time challenge participation :D

For more details on books read & TBR, see my Challenges Checklist.

Back to the Classics--hosted by Sarah @ Sarah Reads Too Much
Progress:  3/8--could be better; I blame the couple of switcheroos on planned books I had to make
Read:  Banned Book, Pulitzer Winner/Runner-Up, 21st Century Classic
TBR:  Wartime Book, Children's/YA Classic, 19th Century Classic, 20th Century Classic, Book Reread From H.S./College

What's in a Name 4--hosted by Beth @ Beth Fish Reads (linked to the challenge page)
Progress:  3/6--not bad, getting there...
Read:  Book With a Number, Book With Travel/Movement, Book With Evil
TBR:  Book With Jewelry/Gem, Book With a Size, Book With a Life Stage

1st in a Series--hosted by Katy @ A Few More Pages
Goal:  Series Lover (6 books)
Progress:  4/6--almost there!
Read:  Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone, The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe, Rabbit, Run, A is For Alibi
TBR:  Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Gunslinger

Stephen King--hosted by Carolyn @ Book Chick City
Goal:  6 books
Progress:  2/6--slow-going; I love Stephen King but variety is the spice of book blogging life :)  The Stand is going to be the biggest hurdle!
Read:  Full Dark, No Stars, Misery
TBR:  The Stand, The Gunslinger, Night Shift, Pet Sematary

Outdo Yourself--hosted by Brianna @ Book Vixen
Goal:  Breaking a Sweat (11-15 more books)--last year, I only read 18 (that I remember)
Progress:  18/33--just over halfway; I've already matched last year's total & it's only March, so I'm celebrating so far ;)


How are your challenges coming along?  Is it smooth sailing or hard going?  Any suggestions for further challenges I could join when my other ones are finished?


3 comments:

  1. I only joined 5 reading challenges this year. I don't like to stress myself out, so I don't join a lot of reading challenges.

    I have finished the one challenge and the other four are pretty smooth sailing, plus I try to read some books from my TBR pile each month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress! I’ve really been concentrating on the Back to the Classics so I should have that finished in April. I’m still struggling to find a good book with a Jewelry / Gem in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll with the Outdo Yourself challenge!

    ReplyDelete