Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Four Things

...to jumpstart my brain this morning.  I spotted this over @ Dizzy C's blog.  These random little exercises are too fun to resist :)

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1)  Little league softball umpire (one summer)--over-involved, argumentative parents drove me nuts :P

2)  Campus library processing assistant (three years)--this involved creating & applying labels to all new library materials (which means I got to preview everything that came in first!), finagling security strips in the spines (arrgh...), packing & shelving new materials, and other odds & ends in cataloguing.  This job kept me sane and on a routine for 3/4 years of my university schooling.

3)  K-8 substitute teacher (three years)--my current job until I can get my own classroom *crossing fingers*

Four places I have lived:
Only one & that's Ontario, Canada for about a 1/4 century :D  In fact, I've been in the same house, too.

Four books I would recommend:
Hoo boy...if I can only name 4:

1)  To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee--I just finished re-reading it & it's a definite must-read
2)  Harry Potter series- J.K. Rowling--adventurous and nostalgic
3)  Different Seasons- Stephen King--breathtaking and not as gory as most of his books
4)  Fahrenheit 451- Ray Bradbury--for everyone who loves books

Four Places I have been:
I'm afraid I'm pretty dull when it comes to travelling and have only been within Ontario.  I'm definitely gearing up for future escapades & would love to visit all of Europe, Hawaii, Australia, China...

Four of my favourite foods:
Gino's chicken wings, my mom's homemade lasagna, scalloped potatoes, quesadillas

Four of my favourite drinks:
Tim Hortons double-double, Diet Pepsi, freshly-made ice cold orange juice, martini :D

Four places I would rather be right now:
My pool, my deck, a beach, basically anywhere where the weather isn't muggy like it is today.

Four things that are special in my life:
My family, things that make me happy like reading, my job that I love, and of course, blogging!

Four bloggers I hope will do this meme:
Anyone who wants to take part!  Leave your link in the comments section below.

7 comments:

  1. Like you, I've only ever lived in Ontario, but I couldn't imagine being in the same house the whole time. In just the past 10 years I've lived in 9 different houses. Over my entire lifetime I've lived in 18 different houses. I guess that's craziness of a different sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in. :)

    Did u need protection as a softball umpire to deal with the parents. :)
    I know what they are like here on the football sidelines :)

    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. The campus library job sounds awesome, I would love a job like that!

    And MAN I totally want some Tim Hortons now... a nice caramel iced capp sounds heavenly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (First) Sarah~ Wow, that's a lot of moving boxes :D My mom lived in many houses before marrying my dad, so maybe staying in one place has been her wish :)

    Dizzy C~ LOL, for sure :D It was shocking how argumentative parents could be over house-league softball with little kids. Thank goodness it was just for a summer.

    (Second) Sarah~ Mmmm...iced capp. I loved my job; it was so relaxing, I listened to music throughout most of it and the hours were incredibly flexible with my class schedule, I got to "renew" my job every year, and got a pay bonus every year, too. Yeah, it was heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I have not read Different Seasons but I do love King's writing style. I enjoyed his other books too and never really had a problem with gore and horror, but I should definitely try that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love scalloped potatoes too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read and love all 4 books you recommended!

    ReplyDelete