Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday Hop


A weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy For Books.

This week's question is:

How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?


You might be surprised to know that I don't have as many books on my TBR shelf as most book bloggers do, mainly due to lack of funds and lack of space. 

First, on my nightstand are TBRs I'm about to start or will start soon and my current reads are housed there as well.  I have 2 there now: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which I'm dying to start, and To Kill a Mockingbird, my re-read for the Back to the Classics challenge that I'm stalling on starting for some reason.  I have two shelves, one with 22 TBRs and another with 26, then I have a box of 43 TBRs in my closet.

Doing the math, that comes to 93 TBR books in my possession.  I also have a TBR list (these are not yet acquired) of about 870 books.

I've been hearing some bloggers quote 1000+ books in their house!  Egads :D

Have a great weekend everyone!


4 comments:

  1. I love To Kill A Mockingbird -- it's one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy rereading it.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two fantastic books! The Goblet of Fire is by far my favorite of the whole HP series, and I get to teach TKAM almost every year, loving it more each time. And I'm with you: my virtual TBR pile is far more voluminous than my IRL one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely read a period and not a comma... We're sad to say that The Odyssey was placed back on the TBR shelf unfinished.  Thanks for saying hi and have a great weekend! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't counted my TBR list but do know that I had to make space on the living cabinet for another TBR book shelf.

    have a good week

    carol

    ReplyDelete