Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm Catching Up With the Rest of the World, Harry Potter Style!

 



I went to Chapters today & purchased the last 3 Harry Potter books.  Hooray, I'm that much closer to not living under a rock :D



I also got the beautiful Penguin Classic edition of Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence on sale.

All in all, a sweet day :)  ...And sorry for the lack of reviews.  I'm behind 3 books already & almost finished a 4th.  My teaching course this month has been hectic and I need to collect my thoughts on these books before I review them.  That is, if I can remember what they are about (LOL) :D

5 comments:

  1. No worries - I am way more than 3 reviews behind!! I am almost 2 months behind...trying to catch up with some mini reviews.

    Good for you getting the last 3 Harry Potters - I am re-reading the last one now and loving it (again). I'm not sure I like the new cover art...

    Enjoy!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the HP movies, or are you waiting until you read all of them?
    Good luck on catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! I wish I could read them all again for the first time. I adore those Penguin books too and have quite a few, but I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of Lady Chatterly yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the same boat!! Still on #4 ..should have finished but been a crazy 1.5wks and it's not letting up. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're still doing our H.P. family read-a-long. It's a fun but slow way to get through the books. We're only on book 3. No way we'll get through the series by the end of summer vacation. (And I have to read Hunger Games too.)

    ReplyDelete