Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Saturday, September 3, 2011

2-in-1 Challenge Wrap-Up Post


Hosted by Katy @ A Few More Pages

I met my goal:  6/6 books (Series Lover)

Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series) (re-read) (A+)
The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia series) (A)
Rabbit, Run by John Updike (Rabbit series) (C)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's series) (A)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King (Dark Tower series) (overlaps with Stephen King challenge) (C)
A is For Alibi by Sue Grafton (Kinsey Millhone series) (re-read) (A)



Favourite book of this challenge:  Harry Potter!


Hosted by Beth @ What's in a Name 4
I met my goal:  6/6 books

Book With a Number:  Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (A+)
Book With Jewelry or a Gem:  The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields (B)
Book With a Size:  A Short Guide to Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (A)
Book With Travel or Movement:  This Time Together by Carol Burnett (B)
Book With Evil:  A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving (A)
Book With a Life Stage:  The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne (A+)

Favourite book from this challenge:  Very close; either Fahrenheit 451 or The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, congrats! Harry potter would be my pick too (judging from the ones I've read from your list!). The Gunslinger is very different from the rest of the series since it was written so much earlier. Good series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job closing out some challenges! You picked some great titles. I think I might have mentioned this previously, but I was also unimpressed with Rabbit, Run... and quite taken by the turn of events at the end. I really need to read The Boy in the Stripped PJs!

    ReplyDelete