Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

Read This Week:  (1)
Pet Sematary- Stephen King (A)--review coming soon

Currently Reading:  (3)
Paul Simon: A Life- Marc Eliot--I love his and S&G's music, so when I spotted this at the Book Depot, I was thrilled!  It's a smooth read so far, as breezy as the music.

The First Wives Club- Olivia Goldsmith--I've stalled on this one and hope to get back to it after I finish the PS biography above.

My Life- Bill Clinton

Reviews Written This Week:  (2)
American on Purpose- Craig Fergson (B)
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas- John Boyne (A+)

Other Posts This Week:
August Wrap-Up & Year-to-Date
2-in-1 Challenge Wrap-Up (1st in a Series and What's in a Name 4 challenges)


Have a great reading week :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm interested on your thoughts on The First Wives Club so I'll be watching for that review. I just read your review of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and like what you did with it. It truly sounds like an interesting novel.

    You can catch my It's Monday post here along with my IMM. I hope you'll stop by when you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I stall out on books because it makes me feel like I could be reading something good and I'm wasting my time.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and for taking the Typealyzer test. Pretty weird stuff, huh?
    I'm always pretty insecure of my writing so I was worried that it would say something about my type being bad writers. Ha!

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read The Boy In Stripped Pajamas. Have an excellent week and happy reading.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I also hate where I lose momentum when trying to get through a book!

    Here's mine:
    http://abookishaffair.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading my first Stephen King, IT. Look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh...Pet Semetary is a creepy one. The Paul Simon memoir sounds interesting. I like both his solo music and S&G.

    Enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the First Wives Club (specially the movie) and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is one book which I want to get hold of. Have heard so much positive stuff about it as well.

    ReplyDelete